Thinkable is a science competition platform that allows organisations to engage top researchers from world-class universities to communicate, ideate or innovate around innovation objectives important to them.
Competitions currently open:
Centenary Institute Medical Innovation Award 2019
ASFB Video Competition in Science Communication 2019
The Australian Society for Fish Biology
- Applicants may be a citizen of another country provided their research has been substantially carried out in Australia.
- Applicants may be from any institute, university or educational institution in Australia.
- Applicants must have received their PhD on or after 1 January 2011. In the case of medical graduates, the time from beginning a substantial research career will be counted.
Entrants must be an ASFB member to be eligible for the competition
Level of Funding:
Application Criteria for Evaluation
- How innovative the project outlined in the application is.
- The degree to which its veracity/utility has been tested.
- A one-page supporting letter from a knowledgeable, independent associate will be taken into account (this is in addition to the one-page letter from a supervisor/colleague).
Entry will be in the format of a short video presentation (3 min maximum video or audio slides)
Each video should promote the entrant’s research project and should include: need for/novelty of the research, a summary of the methods, key findings, and their implications. Effectively, a ‘commercial’ for their research.
Closing Date for Applications
Friday, 5th July, 2019
Deadline for submission of videos will be
August 15th 2019.
Karen McBrien at email us or
1800 677 977
Further Information and Applications: