CQUniversity Australia has the largest footprint of any university in the country with over 20 locations nationally. It is renowned for online education and social equity, priding itself on access to quality education and training, regardless of a student’s background or location.
Service: Development of a research commercialisation framework
CQUniversity Australia engaged gemaker to provide their expert advice on best practice in the implementation of a commercialisation framework with the ultimate goal to strengthen the commercial impact of the University’s internal research and innovation, as outlined in the 2019-2023 Strategic Plan.
gemaker commercialisation experts worked closely with CQUniversity to develop a framework tailored to specific needs of the University, including:
- Defining the steps from concept through to commercial impact.
- Pinpointing key decision points.
- Outlining information and documentation required to support each stage of the framework.
- Identifying and defining the roles and responsibilities of relevant stakeholders throughout the framework.
- Mapping out operational detail, including forms and documentation to be created.
- Identifying education and training opportunities.
- Identifying short and long-term priorities to leverage the most impact from the University’s innovation pipeline.
The project has now progressed to the implementation stage, with gemaker providing additional advice and practice expertise in areas such as process development, creation of templates, communications and education pieces to support the overall framework.