Alkane Resources is an ASX and OTCQX (US) listed multi-commodity mining and exploration company with a focus on projects in the Central West of New South Wales, in eastern Australia. Alkane’s wholly owned subsidiary, Tomingley Gold Operations, is a medium-sized gold operation near Dubbo. Alkane are also developing the Dubbo Project, based on a large in-ground resource of rare earths and rare metals with operations scheduled for 2019. This will position Alkane as a strategic and significant world producer of zirconium products, hafnium and heavy rare earths.
gemaker began work with Alkane in 2012 and provides corporate communications, and community, government, investor and media relations to support Alkane’s transformation from small exploration company to globally recognised multi-commodity miner with focussed support of Alkane’s Dubbo Project. gemaker provides strategic marketing/communications advice and implementation including; preparation of all marketing materials (including infographics and presentations), website management, digital marketing, government briefs, advertising, event management (Ministerial Opening of the Tomingley Gold Mine), facility tours and community consultation evenings, investor presentations and attendance at exhibitions.
- Extensive, new, strategic marketing and communications, including events, web content, media liaison and PR, advertising, printed collateral and displays.
- Planning and coordination of the formal Ministerial opening of the Tomingley Gold Operations.
- Successful stakeholder relations management throughout the review of Alkane’s Environmental Impact Statement for the Dubbo Project (DP) by the NSW Planning Assessment Commission.
- For the $1billion DP, proactive stakeholder communications and community consultation regarding social, environmental and economic issues, and including: Ministerial briefings and tours, public meetings, online and print media content, newsletters, infographics and FAQs.
- Development and implementation of a social media strategy attracting and engaging 1,700 online followers.
- Award submissions winning Alkane two NSW Mining 2015 Health, Safety, Environment & Community Awards for ‘Environment and Community Leadership’ and ‘Environment Excellence’, as well as a 2016 Women in Industry Award for ‘Mentor of the Year’.
- Natalie Chapman was a finalist in the 2015 Women in Industry Awards for her strategic communications for Alkane.